Analysing the position of parties in a dispute, assistance in settlement negotiations, advice and representation of clients in court litigation and arbitration proceedings
Our most noteworthy cases in the area of dispute resolution include the following:
- Serving as an expert witness for CSOB (a major Czech bank, member of the KBC group) in its BIT arbitration dispute with the Czech Republic (EUR 1.35 billion);
- Representing Credit Suisse First Boston in a court dispute concerning a contractual penalty (EUR 265 million);
- Advising the town of Karlovy Vary in several disputes (approx. EUR 50 million);
- Representing the Flat Glass Group in a court dispute concerning electricity supply (EUR 2.5 million);
- Advising Tereos in various disputes regarding its new Czech bioethanol plant (EUR 20.5 million);
- Representing a Croatian investor in a BIT dispute with the Czech Republic (EUR 1 million).
- Representing several Czech investors in disputes with the Czech Republic relating to the unconstitutional withholding tax (EUR 20 million);
- Representing several Czech sugar beet producers in a dispute with the Czech Republic relating to a breach of obligations of a member state in respect to EU law;
- Luděk Vrána acting as arbitrator in more than 30 arbitration disputes per year (total value of approx. EUR 15 million).
Our lawyers have had additional experience in the following cases:
- Dispute between E.On Ruhrgas and KKCG over Moravské naftové doly;
- Dispute between ČSOB and Nomura over Plzeňský Prazdroj;
- Dispute between ČEPRO and Tukový průmysl (CZK 2.9 billion);
- Dispute between TV3 and the Czech Republic (CZK 2 billion);
- Dispute between Komerční Banka and ČKA (CZK 679 million);
- Dispute between Emulz a.s. and the Czech Republic over CZK 600 million;
Dispute between the Land Fund of the Czech Republic and a third party over excluding land from a bankruptcy estate (CZK 250 million).